Monday, 6 October 2014

Young Love




She is in her finest dress, yet she doesn't look too formal, maybe it's just one of her FINER dresses. Patterned with blue and white flowers, and shiny dark brown hair with a pink head band and new red shoes. She smells pleasant.

He is wearing blue jeans and black suit shoes that don't quite go with them. His nicest white shirt which is greying slightly, tucked in with a 'skate belt', and finished off with a blue tie. Hair is spiked up high. Smells of too much deodorant. 

Awkwardly quiet, awkward smiles, pulling awkward faces, they must be on a first date. Why on earth did they sit next to me?

"So...", he says slightly under his breath, staring at her wide eyed and smirking.

- Idiot, he's going for the awkward slash cool angle, that's my thing, I don't want to see how bad it really is -

"Yeah... so... are you excited for the maths test on monday?", she says inquisitively.

"Ah, no. Not really. I think I'll be okay though, how are you feeling?".

"Really hungry! I'm excited for dinner!", she says positively.

"Oh no, I meant about the test for maths", he says while laughing.

"Oh... right. Yeah not so good".

"So what do you think of Ms. Harris?", he asks her.

- Come one man, get off the school topic, you do that every day when you're at school. This is your chance! -

After a minute or two of silence passes he asks her "Oh did I show you this new band I found? They're gonna be at that festival next year".

"Nah I don't think so, who are they?".

"Lamb Of God, I'm really getting into them lately. They're 'groove heavy metal'".

- Yeah, that's right, thrill her with your knowledge of the difference between rock-metal, metal and heavy metal. Oh man, I can't stay here much longer -

"Oh. Nice name? I don't really listen to much of that music...". She says quaintly.
"They aren't too bad though!", she quickly adds after seeing his face lose its brightness slightly.

"So what kind of music do you listen to, then?", he asks defensively as if she couldn't possibly listen to anything else.

"Mainly just the stuff on the radio, whatever songs they're playing on Nova100 that I like", she says happily.

"Lucky we're going to a movie then and not a gig!", he says proudly.
- Good one. Show her how snobby you can be about other people's music tastes -

She looked offended, but quickly changed the topic anyway.

"Dinner should be good. I've heard that 'Meat and Wine Co.' has great food!", she says uneasily.

"Yeah I've been there once before with the boys, it's got the best steaks. I'm gonna order a huge T-bone I think... or a parma, their parmas are massive! Or maybe pork belly if I'm feeling fancy enough!", he says with a laugh. "What do you think you'll order?".

"Umm probably something with vegetables".

"Eating healthy I see?"


"Um no, I'm just a vegetarian".

- Good one buddy -

No comments:

Post a Comment